AFRICAN TERTIARY EDUCATION INNOVATION SUMMIT, (ATERIS)
Aligning Tertiary Education in Africa to Research, Innovation and Technological Advancement for Competitive Growth in the 21st Century
VENUE: PORT HACOURT, NIGERIA
DATE: 21ST TO 24TH
COURSE FEE: N80, 000
Given the intricate connection between higher education and national development as well as the challenges of delivering quality education in the African region, a pragmatic approach must be taken to bridge the gap between what exists currently in the education system in Africa viz a viz what should be. The results achieved so far in Africa are a direct pointer to a dysfunctional system which leaves a lot to be desired not many institutions around the African continent are as well managed as institutions outside the continent, hence the need to understudy some of the methods they employ in running their institutions and see how they can he applied to African tertiary institutions.
The business of higher education has produced various spontaneous developmental outcomes over the years and many outstanding projects have been born through collaborations and partnerships that were spurred within these institutions.
KEY THEMES TO BE ADDRESSED AT THE SUMMIT
The following make up the key themes to be discussed at the summit: * Learning analytics and its effective use in Tertiary Education
* Traditional assessment methods and their suitability with modern pedagogy
* The evolution of learning spaces – Digital literacy and safeguarding students
* Sharing techniques to enhance student satisfaction
* Evolving learning spaces to meet the demand of tomorrow’s students
* Assessing the effectiveness of social media as a learning tool
* Beyond the textbooks: modern ways of learning
* Evolution of traditional lectures: The role of case studies and real time scenarios in teaching methods
* Optimizing the learning environment: enhancing teacher/student relationships
* How best can the tertiary education system in Africa drive competitive growth in the region?
* What funding opportunities open to tertiary education systems in the continent to effectively fund researches and quality academic programmes
* How can the tertiary education system in Africa be reinvented to solve the unemployment crisis in the continent?
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
* Learn how to lead better. Participants will learn how to manage universities and tertiary education institutions to achieve desired results, studying best practices and aligning them to realties.
* Learn from the best. Participants will meet and learn from heads of some of the world’s leading universities and ask pertinent questions that will enhance their own leadership styles.
* See what others are doing. Participants will not just learn from leading experts, they will do so in a practical scenario where they will observe and learn.
* Network with international colleagues. The programme will network participants with other high-grade university and tertiary education administrators at some of the world’s leading universities. * Increase expertise. The programme will show participants how leading universities work their administrations using latest methods and tools.
Submit Your Abstract If you wish to share your experiences and projects in the area of education, technology and development, you are invited to submit your papers for ATERIS. The deadline for abstracts submission is Publication
The ATERIS journal will be produced with all the accepted abstracts and papers at the end of the Summit. All accepted contributions, exhibitions and sponsorship details will be included in Leading Edge Academy (LEA) digital library to form part of a database innovative projects in education and technology.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The programme is specially designed for different classes of people in the university administration systems which include:
* Vice Chancellors
* Deputy Vice Chancellors
* Deputy Rectors
* Academic VPs
* Key Policy Leaders
* Chairmen of Governing Councils
* Chairmen of Academic Councils
* Chairmen of Legislative Committee on Education
* Programme or Project Directors
Our programmes is practical in design orientation and utilizes up-till- date learning delivery methods including: syndicate work, group discussions, real – life case studies and lectures. The uniqueness of this programme is the strong emphasis on individual active participation and sharing of professional experiences. At Leading Edge Academy, we provide much –too- rare opportunity for our programmes participants to interact and mingle in an apex social setting exceptionally unique for peer- to – peer networking
We shall be deploying wide screen projectors to enable wide view thereby helping trainees to gain quick overviews of icons and their functionalities. trainees will receive courseware to guide them in subsequent practices and provide off – the – training references for practical adaptations. Our IT training gadgets including interactive devices that enable demonstrations. With the best hands, the training exercises have been adapted to suit adult learning experience.
The course fee of N80, 000 (Eighty Thousand Naira) covers:
- Tuition fee
- Personal Assessment Test
- Course materials
- Writing materials and workshop bag
- Daily buffet, lunch and double tea – breaks
- Electronic documentation and online network access
- Report of the course
- Executive certificate
Participants should pay in through the account below:
Account Name: Leading Edge Academy
Bank Name: Access Bank Plc
Account No: 0060293978 (Naira)
0016819814 (Domiciliary Account)
Sort Code: 070080173