LEADING AND MANAGING ORGANISATIONS, BOARD, COUNCIL AND COMMISSIONS IN CHALENGING TIMES: WHAT EVERY LEADER NEEDS TO KNOW TO STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE.
VENUE: GRAND EXCELSSIOR HOTEL, DIERA, DUBAI
DATE MONDAY 5TH TO SARTURDAY 9TH AUGUST, 2019
COURSE FEE: $2,000
We understand that boards of public corporations or governing council of public institutions serve as the bridge between the federal or state governments as owners and the operators who are managing the organization/ institutions on daily basis. Government which own these institutions on daily basis of authority, the governing councils therefore seat at the top of the chain of authority, controlling through policy governance, evaluating strategic direction and overseeing activities on behalf of the government as equity holders. A strategic and knowledgeable board or council is necessary for proactive decisions, strategic planning and superior performance in today’s high volatile economy and changing world that demands only the best from every institution. Agency, parastatal or commission.
Modern board/council governance requires that board/ council members recognize that their leadership capabilities impact on the performance of their management teams and therefore should build strategic clarity and commitment of corporate strategic intent with their management teams.
This programme focuses on development and re-invention of the board of council leadership, to make it effective, responsive and strategically – oriented team that can innovate change that creates value and drives quality transformation and corporate governance.
- Clarify diversity issues- corporate governance, decision making and implementation, leadership development, strategy formulation, performance measurement, change management, among others.
- X – ray the impact of the new global economy, technological innovations, explosive public expectations, political insensitivity on the efficient performance of governing council
Understand how to become exceptional leaders – to challenge the existing status Qou, leverage their talents to motivate and inspire to act and stoke their passions for the goal.
- Explore their emerging roles as council members and the ways to improve their personal efficacy and maximize resources improve their personal efficacy and maximize resources effectiveness for stand out performance
- Gain technical and detailed insights into the structure and policy principles of the governing council, functions and operations, as well as the impact of the environment.
- Understand the tenets, policies and strategies of resource allocation and implementation
- Know how to build leadership and executive alignment.
- Board service and legal stewardship
- Building leadership capacity
- Characteristics of the most effective Board/ governing council
- Connecting Public Institutions to Vission & Mission: Cases and Lessons
- Developing the governing council as an effective institutional transformation and corporate governance
- Building governing council leadership and management alignment
- Leading and managing change in public institutions
WHO SHOULD ATTTEND?
- Chairman board/ governing council
- Members of board/ governing council
- Strategic senior management staff of public organization
- Other strategic partners
Our programmes is practical in design orientation and utilizes up-till- date learning delivery methods including: syndicate work, group discussions, real – life case studies and lectures. The uniqueness of this programme is the strong emphasis on individual active participation and sharing of professional experiences. At Leading Edge Academy, we provide much –too- rare opportunity for our programmes participants to interact and mingle in an apex social setting exceptionally unique for peer- to – peer networking
We shall be deploying wide screen projectors to enable wide view thereby helping trainees to gain quick overviews of icons and their functionalities. trainees will receive courseware to guide them in subsequent practices and provide off – the – training references for practical adaptations. Our IT training gadgets including interactive devices that enable demonstrations. With the best hands, the training exercises have been adapted to suit adult learning experience.
The course fee of $2, 000 (Two Thousand Dollars only) covers:
- Tuition fee
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Medical and industry tourism
- Personal Assessment Test
- Course materials
- Writing materials and workshop bag
- Daily buffet, lunch and double tea – breaks
- Electronic documentation and online network access
- Report of the course
- Executive certificate
Participants should pay in through the account below:
Account Name: Leading Edge Academy
Bank Name: Access Bank Plc
Account No: 0060293978 (Naira)
0016819814 (Domiciliary Account)
Sort Code: 070080173